Friday, August 8, 2008

Nearly 30 weeks!

I can't believe I've only got 10 weeks to go before I get to meet my son! It's amazing how much I love him and I haven't even met him yet. According to the books, at 29.5 weeks he's about 2.75 lbs. now, and his movements are so strong and distinct! The flutters have turned into full on belly-warping activity and Beckham-like kicks. I can definitely feel when he's pushing his head or butt up or turning, and I have felt limbs. He stills wakes up and does a slightly more restricted "happy dance" whenever I eat. We haven't seen hands and feet on the surface of my skin yet, as some people describe.

Strangers are able to tell I'm pregnant now, which is cool, but say I'm so small for seven months. At least I know that they don't think I've just got a gut, haha! My belly button is still an "inny," but I'm sure Donovan will take care of that soon!

Josh and I can't wait to see our little guy. We are also cherishing these last two and a half months we have of it being just the two of us, but we talk and dream about what he will be like and how our lives are going to be different.

I thank the Lord every day for this miracle and His amazing blessings. For me, there's no denying His presence and His goodness and His hand in our lives. "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: