Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a weekend!




We had a wonderful visit with my mom this weekend who came up to see us along with her two-month-old, adorable, miniature Schnauzer named Marco. That little puppy was hysterical, and soooooo cute. He doesn't even look real! He's like a little stuffed animal come to life. Our dogs, Blue and Ernie, who are about a zillion times Marco's size, did very well with him. Josh and I were very proud. I kept calling Ernie "the baby sitter" because if my mom left the room, Marco would cry and search EVERYWHERE for her. (Oh my goodness he loves that woman! :) BUT if Ernie was in the house, Marco spent the whole time chasing and barking at him.........until Ernie turned around and then Marco would chicken out and run away, only to come back for more a few seconds later. He's the funniest little guy. Josh says small dogs are stupid, and that I've yet to show him "a cool little dog," but I think he kind of likes Marco. :)

Anyway, tonight I took Josh to a Clippers vs. Rockets game at Staples Center to celebrate his 32nd birthday, which was last Tuesday, April 1. (Yes, yes, April Fool's day, "the biggest non-holiday we have," as our waiter that night at P.F. Chang's so pointedly described it.) I told him a month ago that I had a surprise for him, and he usually likes to wait for his surprises. But I think he has lost some patience in his old age, because he HAD to know where I was planning on taking him. So I told him, but I didn't mention that his buddies Matt and Charles would also be there, that we actually had four tickets. So they were sitting there waiting for us in row 18 with drinks and big thing of nachos for us! Josh was pretty surprised.

Before the game, we had run into our friends Tomas and his beautiful wife, Senah. Well, they came and found us at half-time because Senah wasn't feeling well and they wanted to give us their tickets, which were FLOOR seats! It was so sweet of them. So we got to see "Sleepy Turtle" (which is what I call Tracy McGrady on the Houston Rockets team) up close and personal! It was so cool. Rockets won by the way. They pretty much killed the Clippers. (Sorry Clippers fans. I am a San Diegan. My loyalties lie only with the Chargers, the Padres, and Jesus, hehehe.)

No comments: