Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mommy turns 27 and Baby turns 14...weeks

Photos coming soon!

I turned 27 this past weekend, and it was quite a memorable birthday--one of the best, thanks to my darling husband, family, and friends. I guess it's safe to say it started a couple of weeks ago when my mom came up a couple of weekends ago to celebrate my birthday. She bought me some new running shoes and took Josh and I out to dinner!

Then on Friday night the 18th (day before my bday), Josh surprised me when our friends Peter and Jocelyn met us for dinner at Macaroni Grill. I had lobster and shrimp ravioli, and mommy and baby likey! Josh organized a bunch of my friends to go see the movie "Expelled" at the theatre. I knew where we were going and what we were doing, but I didn't know how MANY friends were going to be there! We took up a whole row and two seat behind the row in the theatre. The flick was EXCELLENT and a MUST-SEE. It is from a very eye-opening perspective about the evolution vs. intelligent design debate, and we may not all realize the ways it affects our freedom of speech, freedom to ask questions and pose a valid argument in the spirit of true science, our schools and therefore our children, the media, the courts and government and so much more. It's funny too, and very educational. Here is the link to learn more about the movie and find a theatre near you: http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Afterward, we went across the street to Coldstone (ice cream) and talked 'til 11 p.m. My friends Jennifer and Seth, who are getting married in September and are originally from San Diego but Seth is now an engineer in Palmdale and Jennifer is a meterologist ("weather girl" as some might understand it) in Boise, Idaho, also just happened to be in town and met us for ice cream. Then we came back to our house and talked 'til midnight.

This mama was tired, but it was a great night!

The next morning, Josh drove me up to Los Canyons golf course to have breakfast. I had no clue, but 10 of my closest girlfriends were waitng there for me sitting at a round table with balloons and flowers and gifts, oh my. What more could a girl ask for? It was a total surprise, and I have to thank my AMAZING husband for planning the whole thing, and my longsuffering friends who (half of them) had just seen me the night before, haha!

I got to open their gifts and, later at home, a bunch of gifts from my in-laws Sue and Norm, one from my sister Adeena, and several from Josh. Then Josh and I drove up to Santa Barbara where Josh had a semipro basketball game and won! Woohoo! Nothing like watching your man kick butt, three-pointer style, hehe.

If that wasn't enough, the next morning my dad and little sister, Yoli, drove up to meet me for breakfast and spoiled me with their presence, love, and some great gifts!

It was a fabulous weekend. I felt so incredibly loved and blessed, and my heart is full. Baby can't wait to meet all the people who love his/her momma so much. :)

2 comments:

Trish said...

It sounds like an absolutely wonderful time! I would love it if my birthday could go on and on! I love birthdays:)

Brandy Brow said...

Happy birthday! I'm so glad you e-mailed me about your blog because I didn't know you had one. And you're expecting? CONGRATULATIONS! We should stay in touch more. I hope you're still writing in addition to blogging. :-)

Brandy
The Building Brows